The Advent calendars are in full swing, counting the days down to Christmas Day! “Christmas is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed primarily on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world” Building up to Christmas day is a season called Advent which means, traditionally there are four candles lit on each Sunday prior to Christmas day. The candles represent “The Prophets’ Candle, symbolizing hope; the Bethlehem Candle, symbolizing faith; the Shepherds’ Candle, symbolizing joy; the Angel’s Candle, symbolizing peace. I often think of Christmastime as a time of HOPE, a feeling of expectation and desire for certain things to happen! Following are my favorite blogs and music describing Hope, Advent and Christmastime.
- The best Christmas hymn/song ever
- The further meaning of Advent explained here
- The best description of hope and the advent season, here
- Favorite places to visit to learn more during Christmastime, New Hope, St Denys Church (Pailton, UK, my favorite village church)and Duke Chapel
- Favorite movies, songs: Away in a manager Frosty the snowman A Christmas Carol Home alone
Too many more favorites to list! I “hope” you have your favorite things that fill your heart with memories and traditions of Christmastime! Celebrate!